Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? Work hard. Have fun. Make history
Amazon's Digital team is looking for an expert Engineer to ensure that within the Alexa are designed and implemented to maintain our customer's trust. This is a role for someone who wants to invent solutions for the relatively new technology domain of Voice Assistants.
In this role, you will work on problems in a wide range of scenarios associated with that enable Alexa. You will help identify novel threats for innovative voice offerings. You will help product teams identify scalable & secure processing solutions for within Alexa (e.g. key management solutions, encrypted storage, etc). You will Develop training that is relevant to the Alexa Organization. You will cultivate a culture and community within the Alexa organization. You will decide if new products meet our requirements. You will be a key role in ensuring that Alexa maintain customer trust.
Activities in this role include:
• Identifying security issues and risks, review & approve mitigation plans in Alexa services.
• Influencing product teams to implement practices that maintain a high security bar.
• Advising teams on the correct components that deliver security features like key management, authentication, encryption, etc.
• Proposing, collaborating & obtaining buy-in on strategic security initiatives for the Alexa Organization.
• Recommending and developing security-focused tools that help product teams prevent security misconfigurations & vulnerabilities in the design & implementation of Alexa features.
• Proposing unit, integration & functional security tests that can be implemented by service teams that improve the consistency of security execution.
• Developing and interpreting security policies and procedures to form security requirements.
• Developing and delivering training that promotes general security awareness and informs developers on how to discover & mitigate security vulnerabilities in their products.
• Deciding which new security tooling and strategies should be pursued for scalable security in Alexa service development.
• Serve as an escalation resource in evaluating security issues discovered by the first tier of security support within product teams.
• Supporting incident response activities as a security subject matter expert.
• Providing support in whitebox secure code reviews as well as support the review of static & dynamic analysis reports.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field 3+ years with engineering
• Experience in secure design and code reviews.
• Working knowledge of common mistakes that result in security vulnerabilities.
• Experience with the application of threat modeling and other risk identification techniques.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
• Detailed knowledge of system and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
• Knowledge of network and related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Lambda, Etc)
• Development experience in Java or similar languages
• Experience with scripting (e.g., python, bash, etc)
• Implementation knowledge of cryptographic features like Hashing, Encryption, Signing as well as working knowledge of common software implementations of OpenSSL
• Working knowledge of TLS, Software Development lifecycle , x.509 certificates, compile-time hardening capabilities, etc.
• Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us