Security Engineer Risk Analysis Team
Are you sitting on your couch despondent that you have to wait until March 2019 for Game of Thrones? Are you looking for the opportunity to brag to your friends about for the next 20 years? If you are up for the challenge of securing the largest managed infrastructure in the world, then look no further. Amazon Web Services, wants you to join a brand-new team focused on tracking and working tirelessly to close those vulnerabilities that pester and disrupt our customers. We are looking for Security Associates who are ready to roll up their sleeves and dive into security issues at scale. We are only looking for people who are passionate about keeping customers secure through discipline and clinical engineering and through risk based and novel solutions. This isn't your grandfathers internet, this is yours. Let's make it secure and functional.
This position requires a person with a security background who can work with a broad set of internal customers- from AWS service team engineers and the very best security team in the business.
Security Engineering through robust engagement on long tail vulnerabilities is part of how we obsess over putting our customers needs above everything else. As part of this team you will:
- Work with our Security Operations, PenTest, Application Security teams and our AWS Service teams to actively track, escalate, manage to closure, and define the state of practice in vulnerability reductions for all of Amazon Web Services products.
- Partner with teams throughout AWS to develop pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintain the acceptable level of risk.
- Drive security issues to closure.
- Solve problems at scale and at their root by stepping back to understand the broadest context, and articulating the best fixes to ensure we can prevent the same issues from happening again.
- Use scripting and automation to force multiply and scale our work.
Like the emergency room of a hospital once the ambulance rolls up, you will take the patient, and assess what to do to keep them alive, and then work to move that patient through the hospital. You will be the patient advocate, and the lab tech making certain we know what the trends are and how to look around the next corner.
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or other technical degree.
- 1+ year experience deploying, managing, or operating Linux
- 1+ year experience script programming in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++,C*, Perl or other langauges
- Excellent written and oral communication sjills
- A very strong demonstrated sense of ownership, urgency and drive.·
- Experience with large-scale IT modernization project and deployment in cloud solutions - desirably AWS offerings.
- Ability to synthesize work and articulate assumptions, conclusions, and recommendations in clinical, customer-ready form, for different audience levels
- Experience securing public cloud deployments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Softlayer, etc.)
- AWS Professional certifications
- Membership in a recognized professional risk society such as - Society for Risk Analysis, The Security Analysis or the Risk Management Association etc.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top