Security Engineer - Operations
- Bangalore, India
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through technology innovations? Would you like to know more about how cutting edge in computer science like computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon initiative. We are highly entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than a big company.
The Role: As a Senior Operations Engineer you will help ensure our applications and services are designed and implemented to the highest standards. If you enjoy analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews across all elements of this project's software systems.
This role will draw on multiple disciplines:
• Security Engineering: emphasis on operating systems and networking, foundational Internet services, modern exploitation techniques, and hacking tools.
• Data Science and Intelligence Analysis: emphasis on detecting anomalies in large unstructured data sets, ability to synthesize data and reports from different sources, make logical inferences about that data, and publish results.
• Software Development: ability to develop your own small tools and scripts to aid in data processing or other aspects of an investigation.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of professional experience in Incident Response, IT Security, malware analysis, security
product development, offensive security or tracking cyber threats with a demonstrated ability to leverage intelligence on attacker methodology, tools, and infrastructure to improve security posture.
• Security certifications (CEH/ECSA/CISSP/CCIE/CHFI)
• Experience with Cyber threat methodologies, including the Cyber Kill Chain, Pyramid of Pain,
MITRE ATT&CK Matrix, and Diamond Model and applying them to enterprise Cyber operations.
• Worked on incident response with extensive knowledge of the inner-workings of the
windows/linux operating systems, Network devices and Architecture understanding.
• Knowledge of technical security issues facing large multinational companies.
• Knowledge of using machine learning techniques and threat hunting tools like Sqrrl, ThreatQ.
• Experience in security administration with broad and in-depth technical, analytical and
• Extensive knowledge of current and past malware, attack methodologies, and adversaries.
• Experience in malware reversing both static and dynamic
• Fully analyze network and host activity in successful and unsuccessful intrusions.
• Realization of new requirements and incorporate with existing solution.
• Conduct advanced threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and
procedures to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise.
• Construct and exploit open source and classified threat intelligence to detect, respond, and
defeat advanced persistent threats (APT).
• Coordinate critical, sensitive cyber threat hunting exercises spanning multiple geographies.
• Conduct briefings on the outcome of cyber threat hunting engagements to a broad spectrum
of audiences, ranging from Executive management to technical teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top