Security Engineer Internship - Summer 2021 (US)
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited by the opportunity to secure hundreds of thousands of hosts, hundreds of millions of lines of code, and billions of online transactions, all on one of the most visited sites on the internet? Are you passionate about solving problems in an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern in the summer of 2021. Amazon is looking for a security engineer intern to join one of our many lines of business. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry's brightest engineers who innovate every day on behalf of our customers. You will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design and code will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in security.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; DC Metro Area; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Denver Area, CO; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA; Arlington, VA; Herndon, VA.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May and June 2021. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
As a security engineer, you will/may:
• Collaborate with experienced Amazonians to create and execute security controls, defenses, and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal and/or external attacks
• Develop, test, review, debug, or deploy code that supports security protocols
• Work effectively with your team to identify security problems and improve the security aspects of their service(s)
• Assess risks that could affect the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of data, systems, or services
• Resolve security events, incidents, or conduct security assessments using penetration tests, ethical hacking tools, or risk mitigation methodologies to evaluate vulnerabilities
• Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with policy or best practices
• Troubleshoot, research the root cause of, and resolve security or risk issues with guidance
• Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline with a conferral date after September 2021
• Experience with coding/scripting in one or more languages (e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, or PowerShell)
• Coursework and/or projects in one or more of the following domains: web application development, penetration testing, mobile security, cryptography, public key infrastructure, forensic security, IP security, SSL/TLS, computer viruses and malware, network security, trusted security, trusted execution, threat intelligence, IoT security implications, or authentication
• Master's in cybersecurity, information security, or related technical degree
• Previous technical internship(s) in one or more of the following domains: web application development, penetration testing, mobile security, cryptography, public key infrastructure, forensic security, IP security, SSL/TLS, computer viruses and malware, network security, trusted security, trusted execution, threat intelligence, IoT security implications, authentication, etc.
• Experience with tools such as Wireshark, encryption software, Snort, Sguil, Suricata, Kibana, Metasploit, Nmap, OpenSSL, or Setkey
• Pursuing certifications (e.g., Certified Ethical Hacker [CEH]) and/or attending events (e.g., Capture the Flag [CTF])
• Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top