Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing at a staggering pace in terms of revenue, customers, people, and complexity.
The AWS Marketing technology team is seeking an innovative, action-oriented Security Engineer to dive deep on marketing platforms and integrations, with an eye toward continuous improvement of our security bar. The scope of this role includes partnering with a wide range of stakeholders to investigate, measure, analyze, and provide recommendations on security initiatives.
A Security Engineer at Amazon is expected to be excellent in multiple domains and provide significant contributions to security across AWS Marketing. Security engineers are expected to develop elegant solutions to complex business problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices. You will also be expected to mentor more junior engineers and be a security thought leader for the organization.
They must foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with discordant views. Engineers in this role are expected to participate fully in the planning of the AWS Marketing's security-related work and constantly seek opportunities for process improvement. They should also have a deep understanding of at least one specialty for which they are a sought-out resource (both by AWS IT Security and by groups throughout Amazon), while having an understanding of the application of Information Security in a broad range of technical areas.
A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks which may include project and software development work. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Application security reviews
• Mobile security reviews
• Secure architecture design
• Threat modeling
• Projects and research work as needed
• Security training and outreach to internal development teams
• Security guidance documentation
• Security tool development
• Security metrics delivery and improvements
• Assistance with recruiting activities and administrative work
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with any combination of the following: mobile security, threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
• Experience implementing security solutions at the business division level
• An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
• An understanding of web services
• Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
• Possess self-drive to keep moving forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
• Excellent sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.