Security Engineer, AWS Marketplace China
- Beijing, China
Do you want to join one of the fastest growing businesses in AWS? Do you enjoy solving complex technical challenges in a fun, fast-paced environment? Come join AWS Marketplace China engineering team in our mission to service the AWS customers all over the world.
AWS Marketplace China engineering team is looking for an experienced security engineer to help us launch AWS Marketplace in China. AWS Marketplace is an "app store" for cloud-based software that runs on AWS, and we're building a unique new platform for selling and buying software. Our job is to bring Amazon's e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered and consumed in the cloud - and we need your help!
As a member of our engineering team, you will be responsible for all aspects of security for AWS Marketplace China, and you will not only work with development team to solve security concerns of AWS Marketplace systems, but also work with MCO team, BD team and ISVs to identify security vulnerabilities of our products and get them fixed complying with local security requirements and regulations. You will be in charge of developing a set of security vetting tools to facilitate MCO team to find out the security vulnerabilities before publishing the products to AWS Marketplace China. We are a small team where you will have direct influence over the tools and technologies used to meet our goals.
In this role, a commitment to teamwork, customer focus, and strong communication skills (for both technical and business partners) are absolute requirements. Job responsibilities include defining customer use cases and requirements, designing and prototyping security solutions, driving security value into software services, educating customers on product features and best practices, and educating stakeholders on best practices and standards. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who are well versed in vulnerability detection and management, vulnerability remediation tools and practices, and compliance standards and government certifications. Additionally, successful candidates will be excellent communicators, have a history of successful collaboration with development teams, and be experienced prototyping security software solutions.
• BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
• 3+ years experience in security practices with a focus on vulnerability assessment and management
• 3+ years experience in information security and industry or government certifications and compliance
• 3+ years experience building automation tools and prototyping security solutions
• MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering
• Knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Experience building scalable solutions on AWS
• Technical experience with Linux and Window operating systems
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top