Security Engineer - AWS IoT Platform
IoT refers to a system of physical devices, from cars, light bulbs, sensor grids and more, that connect to the Internet. AWS IoT is revolutionizing industries and has emerged as a leading innovator in the interconnected device space. Our aim is to offer the most scalable, secure and robust IoT platform enabling industries and businesses to do more with less, scaling to billions of devices and trillions of messages.
We are seeking security engineers with a focus on embedded-systems security to join us as we build completely new services that will impact every single device that is connected with AWS IoT. As a Security Engineer with IoT, you will have a critical role in devising techniques that can make (or break!) IoT devices. A successful candidate will be effective in developing security tools and techniques that can be used on the smallest of devices and the largest of IoT fleets. You will participate in red team operations, threat hunting and be able to connect with the security community, both inside and outside Amazon. You will also be able to work with senior and principal engineers and help customers secure their IoT deployments. Above all, a successful candidate will be a self-starter, have strong judgement and an obsession with preserving customer trust.
- Degree in Computer Science and 2+ years of cyber security experience
- Strong knowledge of one or more programming languages like C and C++ and one scripting language
- Offensive security and penetration testing experience (Metasploit, Meterpreter, Websploit, Nmap, Nessus, Burp Suite, SSL Strip, Websploit, Penetration Testing, Brute Force)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with modern IT security deployments in large enterprises
- Strong knowledge of security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including red team operations, development of exploits and incident response.
- GCIH, GPEN, OSCP, OSCE, or OSEE
- BS in computer science, engineering, or management information systems
- 5+ years of prior security experience in multiple domains (Network, Wireless, System/OS security)
- Track record in threat modeling, vulnerability research and CVE assignments
- Track record presenting at major security conferences
- Exposure to machine learning/statistics as applied to the security space
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top