Are you passionate about securing the cloud? Do you enjoy creating products and services that delight customers? Are you experienced with large scale security data handling and operations? If so, then our team, Amazon Detective, has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to help us design new security services and features to support our customers. Security services are crucial for Amazon's long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon. We want you to be part of our team as we rapidly expand to meet our fast-growing needs.
Job responsibilities include defining customer use cases and requirements, designing and prototyping security solutions, driving security value into software services, educating customers on product features and best practices, and educating stakeholders on best practices and standards. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who are well versed in customer SOC personas and tools, modern SIEM solutions and security automation and orchestration tools and practices. Additionally, successful candidates will be excellent communicators, have a history of successful collaboration with development teams, and be experienced prototyping security software solutions.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or equivalent industry experience
• 3+ years experience in security operations with a focus in data selection, processing, or normalization
• 3+ years experience scripting and prototyping in areas such as data integration and normalization, large scale log collection, and SIEM & SOAR integration
• Experience building scalable solutions on AWS
• Familiarity with AWS services and environments with knowledge of existing AWS logs sources
• Deep knowledge in security data use cases, SIEM, and SOAR solutions
• Technical experience with diverse log sources across Linux, Windows, Cloud, and Network
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us