Security Analyst - Operations
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through technology innovations? Would you like to know more about how cutting edge in computer science like computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon initiative. We are highly entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than a big company.
The Role: As a Senior Security Engineers you will help ensure our applications and services are designed and implemented to the highest standards. If you enjoy analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews across all elements of this project's software systems.
This role will draw on multiple disciplines:
- Security Engineering: emphasis on operating systems and networking, foundational Internet services, modern exploitation techniques, and hacking tools.
- Data Science and Intelligence Analysis: emphasis on detecting anomalies in large unstructured data sets, ability to synthesize data and reports from different sources, make logical inferences about that data, and publish results.
- Software Development: ability to develop your own small tools and scripts to aid in data processing or other aspects of an investigation.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Security Operations using performing Incident response, Forensics and analysis. Expertise in writing run books, and complexity analysis.
- Runs vulnerability scans and reviews vulnerability assessment reports. Manages and configures security monitoring tools (netflows, IDS, correlation rules, etc.).
- Strong experience in security engineering and network technologies(PCAP, Netflow), Operating Systems and network security, common attack patterns and exploitation techniques.
- Practical knowledge of system security analysis techniques such as threat modeling, attack graphs, etc…
- Data Science techniques such as clustering, anomaly detection, and machine learning leveraging data analysis tools such as OSSEC, Splunk, Behavioral Analytics, SQL, R, or MatLab
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Security Operations, Incident Response, Threat Hunting and Assurance methodologies e.g. fuzzing, static and dynamic code analysis.
- Experience with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques. Ability to write fully functional exploits for common vulnerabilities such as simple stack overflow, cross-site scripting, or SQL injection.
- Experience in using standard Security Assessment and Penetration Testing tools such as BurpSuite, Metasploit, and IDA Pro.
- Knowledge of technical security issues facing large multinational companies.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top