Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) is seeking an inventive, results-oriented software leader for our Fulfillment as a Service Technologies (FaaST) Core Services group. AFT powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many billions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised we would get it to them. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
FaaST's mission is to develop a flexible, no-frills WMS solution to enable Amazon's rapid expansion through manual, low-cost fulfillment nodes, which can be provisioned on a moment's notice anywhere in the world from any Internet-connected device. FaaST currently powers Prime Now, Vendor Flex and Amazon's Third Party Logistics (3PL) businesses and is expanding to cover many more emerging businesses within Amazon. The FaaST Core Services team owns platform components supporting FaaST functionality spanning process orchestration, user authentication and management, as well as node management.
You will be responsible for driving the technical direction and architecture of this large, complex software system. You will manage a team of software engineers to develop highly available, business impacting services at the core of Amazon's fulfillment engine. You will also work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders from Prime Now, Vendor Flex, World-wide Operations, Finance, Fulfilled-By-Amazon, and internal technical teams to define business opportunities and then drive end-to-end solutions. The world is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will be able to learn as much as you contribute.
Successful candidates will have an established track record delivery developing complex software systems, excellent people and project management skills, keen technical aptitude, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience; or Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience.
- 3+ years of experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
- 4+ years of experience making significant individual contribution to real-world software development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and algorithmic analysis background.
- Able to independently operate and lead through ambiguous in fast paced environment.
- Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership in cross-functional, highly collaborative environment.
- Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software and processes through data analysis and metrics.
- Hands-on experience with agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience working with NoSQL, AWS, micro-services architectures, RESTful APIs, and responsive human centered UI design
- Experience in fulfillment, warehouse management systems, or supply chain optimization
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top