Do you want to transform the way people interact with Alexa? Come join the team that builds Alexa Communications across devices. Alexa Communications is reinventing the way customers enjoy and connect to one-another in a genuine and meaningful way. We are building products that make it easy, even effortless, for customers to connect with loved ones no matter what device or platform they want to start that conversation on. We are gearing up to launch new products, devices, and features that just may change how people view what Alexa means in their life.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test on this team, you will be leading test automation and infrastructure development, test new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. You will be working directly with Developers, QA Engineers and Product Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms. We are working with exciting new technologies and solving complex automation problems across different operating systems. If you are creative, customer focused, have a passion for QA and test automation and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Experienced in mobile (iOS and Android) and backend API testing automation
• Experience in testing software development tool kits or API's
• Experience working with third parties and software development customers
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly leading leading toward a path of practical solutions
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age