- Berlin, Germany
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services - gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies worldwide on the platform.
AWS' growth is driving a rapid expansion of its world-wide sales team, which in turn drives the growth of the WWRO-CRM team that supports them. AWS is looking for a strong, results-oriented Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) who is capable of designing and building automation frameworks that will help peer QAEs as well as SDEs effectively perform testing.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As a Software Development Engineers in Test, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you will build should expose defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration perspective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively.
A candidate will need to define automation strategy, automation cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team's speed, quality and efficiency.
As a Software Development Engineers in Test, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed web services. You will own the design and implementation of tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, reusability, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows.
If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new tools, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience as an SDET, developer, or strong Automation Engineer
• Proficient in OOO design
• Proven experience creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
• Good Analytical skills.
• Experience with QA concepts and methodology.
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
• Experience working closely with development and business teams.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Debugging/troubleshooting experience on performance and stability tools
• Experience with Continuous Integration
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top