SDEII pooling req
- Seattle, WA
SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many organizations.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
• Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
• Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
• Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
• Mentor junior development engineers.
Back to top