Do you want to define the future of Internet commerce?
Are you a top-notch software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk with us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce.
Is your next project defining a world class Internet service?
With us, you will be building cutting-edge applications and services in an environment of highly distributed systems used by millions of sellers and even more millions of retail customers. Your innovation could provide new functionality for Sellers, expand mobile device usage for retail customers, deploy new web standards, or expand Amazon's web services with the goal of making it as easy for anyone to sell on Amazon as it is to buy from Amazon.
Are you ready to create systems to expand one of the world's largest eCommerce engines?
If so, come be a member of our team. Our software engineers design and build world-class software solutions for millions of sellers from around the globe to sell on Amazon. Your work will be powering the Amazon online marketplaces in many countries and continents.
Can you work at the scale of the biggest Internet companies?
The solutions that you will deploy must scale to accommodate rapid processing and integration with large enterprise customers. However, to add to the challenge, the solutions must also support intuitive world class UI for your neighbor to sell extra books, video games, photography equipment, and the largest selection of possible products that can be found anywhere.
Join our development team to work hard, have fun and make history. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class websites.
Job qualifications: -
- 8+ years of solid industry experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Solid experience in C++ or Java (expert in at least one)
- Experience in building scalable high performance large systems
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Obsession with quality and customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
- Proven technical leadership experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Prior experience with building and supporting live high-volume production systems
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and experience in building services.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical challenges and solutions to complex problem
- Project management - Agile development methodologies