The International Seller Growth Team's mission is to set our worldwide Sellers up for success across our global Marketplaces.
Come join us if you want to build a highly scalable low-latency distributed systems with near real time data availability guarantees grounds up that can handle 20M+ events daily and enable 1M+ sellers on the product globally. All our services are developed in Native AWS and we boast of 10+ native AWS services. We hold high bar on operational excellence to have minimal Ops load on the team which reflects in the velocity at which we ship high quality products.
We are building a global compliance product that will be multi-tenant, zero touch experience for our Selling Partners and scalable from day-1. You will get global exposure working with Product Managers and stakeholders from different countries. It's a $50B+ opportunity focused on building compliance platforms that have not been solved before either inside or outside Amazon. The initiative is fundamental to Amazon's future, and will provide great personal satisfaction and career development as we tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services.
We have a range of initiatives on the team, from full stack development, platform development, performance improvements or solving scaling challenges. Team has grown 4x in size over the last 4 years and continues to expand.
Culturally, we strive for high work life balance to build long term sustainability and success. We have built an ownership driven bottoms up culture where we believe in every day innovation and using right technology for the problem in hand. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation and have bias for action. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.
Our team is committed to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. Team has proven track record of growing multiple senior engineers in-house.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or in a relevant Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java
- Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience in Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
- Passion for building scalable, global, complex systems to solve problems with proven ability to deliver high quality software
- Fluency in C/C++ or Java
- Familiarity with distributed systems, databases, caching technologies, web protocols, Web services technologies
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience in any of the following will be beneficial
-- Distributed systems and operating with large scale data
-- Service-oriented architectures
-- Common Enterprise Integration Patterns
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.