Our Alexa Product Advisor vision is to provide the best possible answers for a wide range of questions around product. Our customers ask various questions to Alexa regarding products, and not all the time we can find an answer in our knowledge sources. Our team works to build mechanism to get answers from the Amazon community where none existed. The role is to build this trail blazing feature to be able to complete a customers request for information even if we failed at the first attempt. We think big, and any mechanism to go and search for a answer can be expanded to multiple use cases and knowledge sources, to bring the best experience for Alexa product answering. We are building various deep learning models to achieve the above goals. We also have a front end experience to enable customer to also search for the answers in our community. With a mix of back end, science models and UX experience in the team, it provides a full stack experience for you to user your creativity to build an 'Amazon' experience!
What is our scale: Alexa serves millions of customers around the world, and hence we too have the opportunity to help our customer find better insights and answers to the product questions they have.
What can you learn: You can learn how to build, deploy and maintain machine learning models. You can build direct customer experiences and services to enable new intelligent features for customer. You have the opportunity to dive into the big data to understand customers. You can collaborate with data scientists on the team to experiment building new models. With a mix of data and software engineering problems, you can choose your learning path.
Why us: We are a team that values opinion, innovation and work-life balance. Choose the area you want to work on and we can discuss on how you can make the most impact in it. You own innovating for the team and with the team! If you have an idea that can improve the team goals or can be helpful to our customers, this is the place you can freely work on it and make an impact. With no-meeting Thursdays and Monday coffee chats, we make sure that our team gets enough focus time and get to know each other well while we are working from home.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Good to have experience with science models deployment, build and measurements.
• Familiarity with machine learning basics could be helpful.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
• Demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Highly quantitative with great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience.