SDE2 - Alexa Shopping
- Portland, OR
Our Alexa Product Advisor vision is to provide the best possible answers for a wide range of questions around product. Our customers ask various questions to Alexa regarding products, and not all the time we can find an answer in our knowledge sources. Our team works to build mechanism to get answers from the Amazon community where none existed. The role is to build this trail blazing feature to be able to complete a customers request for information even if we failed at the first attempt. We think big, and any mechanism to go and search for a answer can be expanded to multiple use cases and knowledge sources, to bring the best experience for Alexa product answering. We are building various deep learning models to achieve the above goals. We also have a front end experience to enable customer to also search for the answers in our community. With a mix of back end, science models and UX experience in the team, it provides a full stack experience for you to user your creativity to build an 'Amazon' experience!
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Good to have experience with science models deployment, build and measurements.
• Familiarity with machine learning basics could be helpful.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
• Demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Highly quantitative with great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience.
Back to top