- Bangalore, India
We are part of the India & Emerging Consumer Tech org. We build unique and interesting Amazon-first innovations in the domains of marketplace trust, seller experience, performance & success, fulfillment (amazon fulfilled, seller fulfilled and seller delivered), global trade, supply chain and transportation. Over the last 5 years, we have been on a mission to "transform the way India buys and sells, thereby transforming lives". In the process, we have realized that we as a team are uniquely positioned to help Amazon reach the next billion customers on earth, as we work backwards from the biggest set of emerging customers and take those innovations to all Amazon marketplaces worldwide. The mission of the Seller & Fulfillment Tech org is to "build tech solutions that empower sellers to delight the next billion customers".
We have a huge opportunity to create a legacy and our Legacy Statement is to "transform ease and quality of living in India, thereby enabling its potential in the 21st century". We also believe that we have an additional responsibility to "help Amazon become truly global in its perspective and innovations" by creating global best-in-class products/platforms that can serve our customers worldwide.
This is an opportunity to join our mission to build tech solutions that empower sellers to delight the next billion customers. You will be responsible for building new system capabilities grounds up for strategic business initiatives. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in IN and other emerging markets, this may be the next big career move for you. We are building systems which can scale across multiple marketplaces and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale e-commerce business. We are looking for a SDE2 to design and build our tech stack as a coherent architecture and deliver capabilities across marketplaces. We operate in a high performance co-located agile ecosystem where SDEs, Product Managers and Principals frequently connect with end customers of our products. Our SDEs stay connected with customers through seller/FC/Deliver Station visits and customer anecdotes. This allows our engineers to significantly influence product roadmap, contribute to PRFAQs and create disproportionate impact through the tech they deliver. We offer Technology leaders a once in a lifetime opportunity to transform billions of lives across the planet through their tech innovation.
As an engineer, you will help with the design, implementation, and launch of many key product features. You will get an opportunity to work on the wide range of technologies (including AWS Elastic Search, Lambda, ECS, EDP, SQS, Dynamo DB, Slapshot, Herd, Horizonte etc.) and apply new technologies for solving customer problems. You will have an influence on defining product features, drive operational excellence, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You will get to work with highly skilled and motivated engineers who are already contributing to building high-scale and high-available systems.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on world-leading technologies and would like to build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today!
As an engineer you will be responsible for:
• Ownership of product/feature end-to-end for all phases from the development to the production.
• Ensuring the developed features are scalable and highly available with no quality concerns.
• Work closely with senior engineers for refining the design and implementation.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Contribute intellectual property through patents.
The ideal candidate is a passionate engineer about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. He/she should be able to commit and own the deliveries end-to-end.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of Software Development experience.
• Strong knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms and CS fundamentals.
• Strong coding and problem solving skills.
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web-based solutions.
• Experience in eCommerce and deep hands-on technical expertise
• Experience working on the AWS technologies.
• Experience with NoSQL and relational databases.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working on Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban).
Back to top