- Puteaux, France
We are looking for Software Development Engineer with passion to innovate on behalf of Indian e-book customers to easily discover e-books, besides making the purchase experience convenient, intuitive and seamless. We are part of world's largest and oldest digital book store service and our charter includes building innovative experiences that will reduce transaction friction and increase conversion rates by understanding the options available to customer and then implementing them in a way that works build India first features that can be adapted to world-wide markets places and bring global features to India.
The role will challenge with unique opportunity to collaborate on cross service, design changes to propose new architecture and/or modify existing architecture, and drive the right technical trade-offs between short-term and long-term concerns. You will have to deal with significant complexity while building features due to changes necessary in various services/pages such as eBooks discovery, search, list, product detail page, payment services and so on. The complexity manifests further as those features will have to be scalable and work seamlessly on different surfaces like PC Web Browser, Mobile Web browser, Amazon Android application, Kindle Reader on Android & IOS, Kindle for IOS and Amazon's Eink.
Building solutions in IN Kindle store team offers you to develop your skills as full stack developer by allowing you to work in variety of technologies such as REST/RPC services, website frameworks, and variety of AWS technologies like NoSQL DBs, lambdas, and so on.
As a Senior Software engineer you will have unique opportunity to work with Amazon's best Principal engineers and SDE3 on other teams thus providing opportunities to influence software architecture and design of variety for systems. Your responsibility will also include also include growing/guiding junior engineers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Math or equivalent
• BS in computer science or related field.
• 2+ years of relevant professional software development experience: designing, developing, and delivering software written in Java, C#, or C++, web development.
• Knowledgeable in object-oriented design patterns.
• Experience building highly scalable and distributed systems.
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and application/services development
• Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Back to top