- Hyderabad, India
Amazon.in, Amazon's marketplace in India, is building a team to take it to the next level by building capabilities that are relevant for customers in India. As part of The India Consumer Technology (ICT) group, the Category Experience & Expansion (Catex) team's charter is to take IN business to the next level by building capabilities that can convert millions of offline customers in India into online customers. This tech team plays pivotal role in Amazon India's success, with the mission to build tailor-made solutions for each category, by making it easy for customers to buy online. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Senior Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
As part of this team, you will work to ensure Amazon.in is FAST and has the best shopping experience. It's a great opportunity to develop and enhance experiences for Mobile devices first. You will work on analyzing the latency across the various Amazon.in pages using RedShift, MapReduce, Java. You will develop software from the ground up spanning across all key pages on retail website. You will be part of a team that obsesses about the performance of our customer's experience and enjoy flexibility to pursue what makes sense. Come enjoy an exploratory and research-oriented team of Cowboys working in a fast-paced environment, who are always eager to take on big challenges.
• Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on Mobile, Payments, and e-Commerce website development.
• Design software and make technology choices across the stack (from data storage to application to front-end). Understand a range of Tier-1 systems/services that power Amazon to make scalable changes to critical path code.
• Own the design and delivery of an integral piece of a Tier-1 system or application.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of Software Development experience.
• Strong knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms and CS fundamentals.
• Strong coding and problem solving skills.
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web-based solutions.
• Experience in eCommerce and deep hands-on technical expertise
• Experience working on the AWS technologies.
• Experience with NoSQL and relational databases.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working on Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban).
Back to top