SDE - Retail Pricing Systems
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) is looking for passionate, results-oriented, inventive software development engineer (SDE) who wants to build Amazon's next generation experimentation and causal inference systems that drives key decisions in Amazon's global supply chain and pricing.
Imagine being part of a team that is at the center of all innovation happening in the largest and most complex supply chain system in this world. Experimentation and data driven decision making is a central part of Amazon's culture. To drive this culture, we need to have systems and processes that enables large scale experimentation and causal analysis. Our team owns a set products and processes that allows teams across and beyond SCOT (e.g. Pricing) to run experiments, do causal analysis and drive data driven decision making. These systems are critical in understanding the impact of any strategic, algorithmic and process changes on our key business metrics. This enables us to understand how our systems interact with each other, how our vendors, sellers and consumers react to the policy changes. Imagine saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the cloud that enables and measures the impact of different types of policy changes.To be successful in this position you will have a strong background in algorithms, data structures, and databases both SQL and NoSQL. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and orally, and work well in a team are key competencies. You should be able to quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable and maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems. You will be working closely with data scientists, statisticians and contributing to existing Machine Learning Models such as Hedonic model used extensively in Pricing Systems and creating few more. Experience working with high-traffic, scalable services and variants of Machine Learning models is a plus.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
As a key member of the team you will be responsible for driving the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Other responsibilities include:
• Will drive development and maintenance of key system features
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
If you are looking for a challenging and innovative role where you can solve important problems, impact critical business decisions across Amazon while growing your knowledge in machine learning this is the place for you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience.
• Masters degree in Computer Science or the equivalent strongly preferred
• 2 years experience working on machine learning based models
• Large scale distributed systems experience is a plus
• Services, APIs, Background jobs
• Effective communications skills (both verbal and written)
• Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
• Experience with high throughput, 24x7 systems
• Innovation and initiative to improve coding standards, test coverage, quality and automation
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Back to top