Are you excited about building massively scalable and smart distributed systems? Do you like building and managing systems that can derive meaningful insights from petabyte-scale data?
The Content Systems team builds the tooling and infrastructure to schedule and deliver critical product and merchandising information across Amazon retail websites, on different devices (e.g. FireTV, Kindle), and AWS to name a few. We focus on content management tools, content creation assistance tools, back-end delivery, optimization systems, content performance analysis and CDNs for hundreds of Amazon teams. Hundreds of internal teams at Amazon rely on our systems and infrastructure to create beloved customers experiences.
The team here is building an authoritative store for marketing content metadata and shared components, used across various Amazon platforms worldwide. Our team is working towards generating insights from the stored content data, to assist marketers make better decisions during the campaign creation process. Along the way we intend to use more of Machine Learning based technologies, with a customer-obsessed and highly talented team of engineers.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Machine Learning, you will drive the technical direction of our offerings, experiments and solutions, working with many different technologies across the organization. You will design, code, troubleshoot, and support scalable machine-learning pipelines and online serving systems. You will play a vital role in influencing our machine learning focused initiatives. In addition to being a strongly motivated individual contributor, you will also be responsible for mentoring junior engineers and guiding them to deliver to the full potential.
If distributed computing, large-scale system design, machine learning, next-gen technologies excites you then you'll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow. You will own development and operation of the systems that you develop. If this sounds interesting to you, talk to us!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related discipline
• 5+ years professional experience in software development with experience in working on low latency, high volume distributed systems.
• 5+ years experience with computer science fundamentals data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Exposure to Machine Learning basics (will train for more advanced skills in ML)
• Experience in building large-scale machine-learning infrastructure for image recognition, decomposition and creation.
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, etc.