SDE III / Technical Architect - Innovating Global Tax Systems
- Hyderabad, India
Would you like to work on one of the world's largest transactional distributed systems? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's business on cool new features? Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems or a software developer who likes to solve business problems, Amazon Tax Platform Services is the place for you.
We are responsible for the tax calculation systems, providing the core services that calculate taxes (sales tax and VAT) for all Amazon sales, physical and digital, globally. We thrive on providing the correct tax amounts to the customer at order time, and make sure audit records are stored safely to meet tax law requirements around the globe. Our challenges include staying on top of the complex and ever-changing global tax rates and laws as well as computing calculations correctly and quickly, thousands of times a second, and each one needs to be right.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems under extreme loads. Our systems manage hundreds of millions of records, and respond to millions of service requests per minute. Do you think you are up to the challenge? Or would you like to learn more and stretch your skills and career?
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers.
We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done, though the following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux and Oracle-based environment. We're looking for a range of experience, from brilliant and motivated new college graduates to technical leaders with battle-tested wisdom.
• Completed BS in Computer Science
• 8+ years of experience building successful production software platforms and systems
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in Java or C++ as well as other high-level languages such as Objective-C and Python
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top