Amazon.in, Amazon's marketplace in India, is building a team to take it to the next level by building capabilities that are relevant for customers in India . Our Development team plays a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build a comprehensive solution for the India business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
You will work on analyzing the latency across the various Amazon.in pages using RedShift, MapReduce, Java, Elastic Search and Machine Learning. You will get the opportunity to code on almost all key pages on retail website building features and improving business metrics. You will also contribute reducing latency for customers by reducing the bytes on wire and adapting the UX based on network bandwidth. You will be part of a team that obsesses about the performance of our customer's experience and enjoy flexibility to pursue what makes sense. Come enjoy an exploratory and research oriented team of Cowboys working in a fast paced environment, who are always eager to take on big challenges.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 1 to 5 years of Software Development experience;
• Experience designing highly interactive web applications with performance, scalability, accessibility, usability, design, and security in mind. If you don't have all of these, that's ok, but be excited about learning the few you don't know.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform).
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development.
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational and no-sql databases.
• Experience with or knowledge of jQuery, Java, Struts, and other website technologies.
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Software development experience in building highly scalable applications.
• Any previous experience in working with Big Data or leveraging machine learning in improving consumer experience is desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in eCommerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web based solutions.