SDE II - Supply Chain Optimization Technologies
- Berlin, Germany
The Fulfillment By Amazon - Inventory Optimization (FIO) team is focused on driving free cash flow by automating and optimizing our third-party fulfillment supply chain. We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us break down barriers to growth and accelerate through escape velocity. We will be disruptive, and we will make a HUGE difference to our third party partners and Amazon customers. The FIO team is within Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization.
This role might be for you if...
• You design at the product level with heavy involvement through all phases of the SDLC using concepts that may include Service Oriented Architecture, caching, load balancing, non-relational databases, microservices, sharding, n-tiered architecture, cloud and/or map-reduce.
• You use object-oriented design concepts to program large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful design patterns.
• You have designed, refactored, re-architected, deprecated and/or implemented large-scale cloud-based distributed services with millisecond latency and ultra-high transactional volumes.
• You have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture subjected related to quality and/or security.
Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.
In this job, you will...
• Experiment with whatever technology we need to get the job done.
• Use Lean Software Development concepts such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
• Use Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
• Work with Senior and Principal Engineers, Researchers, and Data Engineers across multiple teams to design a new platform for optimizing supply chain management
• Expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
• Automate third party supply management systems and break new ground to drive inventory across Amazon marketplaces.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 3+ years' full-time experience in software design and development.
• 2+ years' experience as a lead developer on at least one project.
• 2+ years' experience mentoring and coaching others.
• Experience with distributed systems, relational databases, map-reduce solutions.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.
Back to top