- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using data mining, mathematical programming, and statistical analytics? Are you excited to apply cutting edge technologies such as cloud computing, machine learning, and big data analytics to real-world business problems? Have you ever wondered how leading companies in the world of e-commerce manage inventory for consumable and fresh products? Amazon Economic Selling team in SCOT (Supply Chain Optimization Technology: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot) is seeking people like you.
Our team is using machine learning and big data to build Amazon Outlet (www.amazon.com/outlet) into the go-to place for Consumers to shop for highly discounted overstock and clearance products offered by Amazon and its worldwide Selling Partners. You will evaluate and optimize inventory health for dozens of millions of products over time to maximize inventory value. You will work closely with talented people including research scientists, software engineers, and Amazon business teams worldwide to develop advanced mathematical and economic models and algorithms. You will take end to end responsibility, utilize Amazon's massive data, sophisticated algorithms and cloud computation infrastructure (AWS) and thousands of powerful machines, and make decisions with billion dollar impact to Amazon's business. You will also become an expert in supply chain management with deep understanding of Amazon business workflows and execution practices.
If you are passionate about data and new technology, eager to seek challenging and innovative opportunities, and motivated to deliver the best customer experience, then our team is the perfect fit for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 2+ years experience with at least one language (Java, C++, Python, R, etc);
• Strong OO design or Functional design skills with understanding of common design patterns;
• Experience translating business requirements into operational systems;
• Ability to propose creative and elegant solutions to complex technical problems;
• Commitment to operational excellence: building low-defect systems that are user-friendly with low operational burden;
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support;
• Willingness to work in an agile team development environment, have basic knowledge of agile design process, experience developing software in an agile environment is highly preferred;
• Knowledge of databases (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, etc.), SQL;
• Experience building large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems is preferred;
• Experience with event-driven systems highly desirable;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Major in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related area. Bachelor's degree or above.
• Big data streaming processing
• Exhibits excellent team work
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Expects and requires innovation
• Thinks big and has convictions
• Results oriented
• Data mining experience
• Machine Learning experience
• Education or background in Mathematics and Statistics
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top