- London, United Kingdom
Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) is looking for experienced software engineers who want to build Amazon's next generation of procurement systems. Our software is used by every country Amazon services, and is a critical link to ensuring the products our customers want are available when they need them.
As an SDE in SCOT, you'll work closely with some of the brightest software engineers, research scientists, and product managers to solve highly complex supply chain challenges. You and your fellow engineers are responsible for designing the architecture, building the software, and working with the team to deploy your solutions across the globe. SCOT is a unique opportunity to both create and see the direct impact of your work on billions of dollars' worth of inventory in one of the world's most advanced supply chains, and at massive scale.
You should be comfortable diving deep into technical architectures and requirements, be able to quickly identify solutions to challenges discovered during development, and ready to work with some of the latest cloud computing technology. Prior experience building stable, scalable, solutions is required. Prior experience with data mining, databases, or massively parallel systems is a plus. Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design, intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 2+ years of relevant industry experience
• Strong coding skills in Java, on a Unix/Linux platform
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly self motivated and motivating
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 4+ years of relevant industry experience
• Successful track record of mentoring and growing junior SDE's.
Back to top