At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. We are looking for Software Development Engineers who are seeking opportunities to apply their past experience supporting Amazon's grocery offerings. You'll be joining a team building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to enable a world class, cost-effective, and flexible under the roof operations. We aim to create a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture and you will help us foster that.
This position is located in Seattle, Washington. Great hiking, skiing, Northwest beaches, excellent schools, and a great group of people.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Familiarity with AWS services
• Experience building scalable, available, and low-latency systems
• Experience with supply chain optimization techniques
• Experience using functional programming languages
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.