Software Development Engineer, Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA)
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and at SSPA (Self Service Performance Advertising) we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and a bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities that are shaping the future of both advertising as well as e-commerce.
With SSPA you will have the satisfaction of seeing your work positively affect multi-billion dollar advertising business and significantly impact the Amazon vision. You will broaden your technical skills and work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation. You will design new and rebuild existing solutions for the fast growing scale of the next generation of advertising services. You will have access to Principal Engineers to mentor you and in turn also get opportunities to mentor and grow junior engineers.
The SSPA team is looking for a Software Engineer to fuel its rapid international expansion by building an information infrastructure that is able to manage billions of clicks and impressions along with complex multi-layered advertising metadata in a manner that can serve a growing number of advertisement programs across the web, device, mobile and video domains each with their own focused needs around data volume, granularity and information depth. This system will enable a broad range of other complex services who want to consume this information for rich functions such as real-time ad budget control, real-time spend management, reporting and analytics for any and all types of ad programs and advertiser needs. This system will abstract dependent services from having to manage the validity and accuracy of all information and instead focus on only their target use case. With the ability to replay/redrive all information from any point in the past to support recovery, this system will also guarantee a sourcing-storage-supply SLA of sub-milliseconds to ensure that our guarantees to customers and advertisers are not impacted. You will need to be well versed with high performance architecture, distributed data processing and storage technologies, and most importantly display the ability to design for highly complex data modeling and processing needs.
• Own what you and your team create.
• Serve as a lead engineer and critical path owner on solutions to complex problems.
• Execute quality solutions in tandem with business and project management teams.
• Strive for 100% efficiency by constantly automating newer processes and demands.
• Broaden your technical expertise to be able to refine existing frameworks and build newer ones.
Tags: SDE, SDE-II, Advertising, SDE-2, SDE II, Software Development Engineer
• Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong proven ability in building performant, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Demonstrated experience in SQL, NoSQL and data modeling skills
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
• Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
• Ability to learn new technologies and systems
• Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in computer science or related discipline or 3+ years of relevant industry experience
• Expertise in performance computing like Spark/Storm/ Hadoop / Hive / Flume
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Knowledge of Web protocols like HTTP, REST, AJAX
• Knowledge of databases and the SQL
• Familiarity with Pay for performance Ad model and the Internet advertisement industry
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.