Interested in Amazon Alexa and the future of voice-powered connected devices? Come work on it! We're building software solutions to enable Alexa's capabilities everywhere and working with industry leaders to bring delightful voice experiences to third party speakers, sound bars, televisions, smart displays and more! We're working hard, having fun, and making history.
We're looking for individuals that are passionate about greenfield engineering and seeking the opportunity to solve novel problems that deliver delightful experiences to millions of customers. You will have the opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams to architect solutions that define how customers interact with Alexa. You'll own your work from design to deployment, evangelize it and ensure its operational excellence in production.
Become a builder, an innovator, and game changer by joining the AVS team and have a ton of fun doing it! As a member of the team, you will:
• Produce high-quality code that is robust, efficient and maintainable
• Empower companies and developers from around the world to embed Alexa into their devices and products
• Participate in setting the technical vision for Alexa Voice Service in alignment with our Product team
• Drive and lead software design, development standards, team processes and code reviews
• Design and implement features for new products, features, APIs, platforms and frameworks
• Mentor junior team members, help to maintain appropriate unit test coverage, code documentation and software structure
• Distill and communicate technical concepts to stakeholders
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Excellent understanding of resource and design requirements for memory constrained systems and micro-controllers
• Experience with embedded software development processes
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us