Amazon Tax technology team is looking for individuals who can and build world-class . Would you like to be part of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovation and creative work?
It is Day 1 in Tax Technology, and we're at the inception of building an entire suite of Greenfield global tax solutions. You will get the opportunity to work through all the phases of ; starting from requirements , designing solutions, building new interfaces, and integration with existing architectures, and testing code, and delighting the customers with world-class . The Tax technology team is in the early phases of and and this is your chance to shape a brand new product from the start.
In this role you will be responsible for the team's technical and -to- quality of the code in our technical solutions. You will also be doing , hands-on and integration of third-party tax tools into seamless solutions for our Global Tax team.
• Design and build services to make customer lives better and will be part of a new "AWS like" technology platform for Tax.
• Play a role in the definition, vision, design, roadmap and of a new platform from beginning to .
• Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, building new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global Tax customers.
• Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and .
• Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such as EC RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, SWF, S3 and QuickSight to and build backend services and customer facing APIs.
• Design and code technical solutions in tools such as , Angular JS, React, Node.js, JQuery and/ SQL Server to deliver value to tax customers.
• Contribute to a suite of tools that will be hosted on the AWS infrastructure.
• Build dashboard and visualization services.
• Work with variety of tools across the spectrum of lifecycle.
• Build iteratively using agile methodologies.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Master's Degree in related discipline with 5+ years of experience; Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience
• 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
• Extensive background including patterns, data , test driven development
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in building services and highly applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to independently operate and lead through ambiguous in fast paced environment.
• Experience taking a leading role through the entire life-cycle in building complex systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience developing and delivering in an agile methodology.
• Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product engineers.
• Knowledge of professional engineering practices & best practices for the life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Must be able to independently solve complex problems by utilizing experience and other resources.
• Design service architectures and review new designs for integration into existing architectures.
• Design/code applications requiring a high degree of complexity.
• Design data that meet the requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Machine Learning.
By submitting your here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us