Have you ever painted your house, re-tiled your floor, or completely renovated your kitchen or bathroom? If so, when you bought your supplies, did you shop for them on Amazon?
Maybe not yet but our team, the Home Improvement Experience, was founded in late 2019 to change that. We make it fun and easy for customers to shop for their home improvement projects with great tools and features. The Amazon Paint finder (https://www.amazon.com/paint-finder) is our team's first product, launched in April 2020 but there's so much more to do in home improvement shopping and beyond.
We're looking for someone who thrives pathfinding in an ambiguous and agile space. Our upcoming work will require competencies in front-end development and AWS technologies. Any experience or interest in augmented reality (AR), image processing, or data science/machine learning could come in handy as well. If you've got experience with any or all of these, and are excited about moving fast to build innovative new experiences on behalf of our customers, we'd love to hear from you.
In this role, you would partner with other members of our engineering team to design and implement new experiences in paint, flooring, fixtures/appliances, and beyond. You will learn from, and share your knowledge with the team and uphold engineering best practices.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Desire to work in a dynamic, highly experimental environment
• Desire to create novel experiences for Home Improvement shopping experiences that customers will see and interact with.
• Commitment to operational excellence: building low-defect systems that are user-friendly with low operational burden.
• Understanding of common web architecture design patterns and AWS technology (Cloud Practitioner or Higher Certification is a plus, but not required.)