SDE - Building Next Gen Financial systems
- Gurgaon, India
Interested to build the next generation Financial systems that can handle billions of dollars in transactions? Interested to build highly scalable next generation systems that could utilize Amazon Cloud?
Massive data volume + complex business rules in a highly distributed and service oriented architecture = a world class information collection and delivery challenge. Our challenge is to deliver the software systems which accurately capture, process, and report on the huge volume of financial transactions that are generated each day as millions of customers make purchases, as thousands of Vendors and Partners are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, as commissions are calculated, and as taxes are collected in hundreds of jurisdictions worldwide.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable and scalable user facing applications that are accessed by thousands of external Vendors and internal Customers. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal customers, other dependent development teams in Amazon to develop new applications successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. In the space of workflow management tools, engineers in this team solve problems for the first time and have got opportunity to convert them to generic/re-usable components for use in broader engineering community. We look for engineers who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun. This candidate also plays active role in reviewing the technical designs from the team and in mentoring of other developers in the team.
You will have the opportunity to play a key role in building new software products and features from the ground up. Your work will allow you to utilize a melting pot of technologies, programming languages, and systems and require you to keep up with the ever-changing technological landscape. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development, with the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit Amazon worldwide. Finance Automation team is looking for a talented software development engineer who can tackle large complex projects.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• At least four years of experience writing production code of increasing complexity
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or PERL
• Experience refactoring code and evolving architectures
• Experience crafting unit, integration, functional and regression tests
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project. Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Fluency in Java or C++
• Strong skills in Relational Data Modeling
• Passion for software craftsmanship that yields clean, elegant and maintainable code
Back to top