SDE, AWS SageMaker Studio Platform
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building products that are used by data scientists all over the world? Come join us and be part of Amazon SageMaker Studio, the first fully integrated development environment (IDE) for machine learning. Read more at https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/studio/ .
The SageMaker Studio Platform team is responsible for building and operating state of the art ML infrastructure for running interactive applications like JupyterLab. A successful candidate will bring passion for building highly scalable distributed systems that have tight latency and availability constraints. Our team's mission is to enable any interactive application to scale reliably and securely so that any data scientist, developer, or student can launch a wholly configured and collaborative workspace in the cloud.
You will get the opportunity to develop in multiple layers of the stack including distributed workflows, high throughput data planes, linux networking, and system security. You will also get to learn and develop the operational rigor required for a fast growing AWS service.
You'll be well supported with by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple senior and principal engineers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• Strong computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms design, complexity analysis, operating systems etc.
• Object-oriented design proficiency
• Strong analytical abilities and problem solving
• Strong inclination towards building high quality systems by testing mercilessly.
• Strong sense of ownership and willing to own end to end systems.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Go, Python, Scala, C++, C#.
• Machine learning knowledge and experience.
• Experience building tools for data scientists and developers.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience with highly distributed, multi-tenant systems with clear state-full/state-less boundaries.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale systems engineering and/or full-stack development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top