Do you want to build products used every single day by your friends and family? Are you passionate about letting your product reach millions of consumers? Do you love to ship software early and often? If so, this may be the team for you. We are seeking Software Engineers in India Consumer Tech team (ICB_SDE) to build a platform that will offer new scalable mechanisms for our millions of customers .
To execute on the vision of becoming Earth's most trusted company, Amazon India Consumer Tech team is systematically investing in local product innovation to deliver variety of new innovative solutions for our customers. We have a broad charter, and on this team you'll be able to get your hands on lots of technologies. Above all, you'll be contributing towards the design and implementation of new scalable services and applications on top of the platform and deployment of key functional areas in the website, services and mobile applications. You will work extensively with cross-functional teams across Amazon's website, ecommerce, payment and fulfillment platform on the design and development of core platform functionality.
You will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to the technical team of Software Engineers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
• Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against other competing systems in the industry.
• Contribute intellectual property through patents.
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
Database modeling skills - Distributed systems experience - Knowledgeable about security best practices