SDE 3 / Technical Architect - Shipping Experience
- Hyderabad, India
Are you willing to join world's biggest e-commerce enterprise? Do you wish to learn our proven track record in building highly scalable and available systems? Do you wish to work with some of the best talent in the industry who made this happen? Do you wish to join earth's most customer centric company? Welcome to Amazon!
We are Shipping Offerings team in Amazon's eCommerce Foundation Group. We are responsible to determine valid ship options to be presented to the end user when he makes a buying decision. We project the logistics capabilities of Amazon in terms of ship-ability, shipping charges and transit time. We act at all stages of Amazon's shopping experience like search, product details, seller offers and checkout. After an order is placed our sister team in Transport org acts to deliver the order as per the promise provided to the user during the checkout.
Calculating valid ship options is a dynamic decision that has to be taken timely and accurately. We are a Tier-1 service that is regarded as essential for the checkout experience and maintains high availability and performance standards. The dynamism of valid ship options depends on multiple contextual parameters such as product type, seller and shipping destination. The rules that govern these decisions are carefully applied through simulation testing in pre-production environment to assess impact analysis before applying them on production.
We are scaling and updating systems to meet the scale at which the company is growing. We have evolved our database from relational to big data to fast data cache and now working on high performant graph databases. We evolved our entire architecture on cutting edge platform solutions from Amazon's AWS for application middleware and hosting our fleets. We are ably guided by our Principal Engineers and team of senior engineers, like you!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Back to top