Are you interested in designing and delivering solutions for complex and high impact business problems?
Amazon Retail Business Service team is looking for a SDE who can innovate to build high quality solutions for technically challenging problems in our roadmap. Our charter is to build solutions to automatically setup and enrich vendor submitted content. We own this functionality for all Amazon marketplaces and automatically process content in English, European, and Japanese languages. Our solutions have a direct impact on the product content visible to Amazon's end-customers.
As a SDE on the team, you will help us build the solution that will push boundaries in manual correction platform for customer experience defects based upon the ML model predicted values. You will ensure the auto-allocation platform is adopted and utilized by associates to correct customer expereince defects. The ideal candidate will be an expert in distributed systems solving complex business challenges.
As a key member of this team, you will be accountable to develop scalable solutions using AWS technologies like DynamoDB, SQS, EMR, Lambda, etc to develop platform to scale and trace manual corrections.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years' full-time experience in software design and development.
• Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python).
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Deep knowledge of Distributed SOA Architecture, Relational DB knowledge, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, and various AWS technologies.
• Exposure to Machine Learning/deep learning projects.
• Experience of successfully mentoring junior SDEs.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.