Satellite GNC Engineer
- Redmond, WA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
We are searching for talented candidates with experience designing and implementing Attitude Determination and Control systems for satellite applications. You will author simulations, perform stability analyses, develop and tune filters and estimators, understand, specify and test complex actuator and sensor subsystems, help to implement control algorithms in flight software, integrate and test these in Hardware In The Loop simulations (HITL-sim), and monitor, debug and repair the system on-orbit.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Physics, or EE, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience with design and implementation of estimation, stability and control
• Experience authoring and testing complex, mission critical scientific / mathematical software
• Successful history of on-orbit spacecraft Attitude Determination and Control Systems (ADACS)
• Familiarity with spacecraft electrical, thermal and mechanical environments
• Advanced degree in a relevant field
• Expertise with embedded software in hard real-time control systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top