Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been leading the world into the cloud computing era since its inception in 2006. The AWS Partner Network (APN) is the vital ecosystem we have created with our tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners, to promote AWS in every industry, every size of company, and every region of the world. APN offerings include validating partner qualifications in distinct areas, lead/opportunity sharing, training and certifications, marketing assistance, funding reimbursement, et al. The APN Partner team is responsible for external and internal products supporting Partner Sales, the APN, and other elements driving the AWS partner ecosystem. We serve three groups of stakeholders: partners who work with us to sell AWS, customers who use AWS, and internal users responsible for driving AWS sales and adoption via partner relationship.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced System Development Engineer with deep expertise in designing, developing and supporting global-scale infrastructure. You will be responsible for building secured, highly available, reliable, scalable and performance efficient solutions. The ideal candidate will draw upon technical background, leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills that provides innovative solutions to support Sales and business development teams. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional teams to solve problems and implement new solutions
As an individual in this role, you have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You have experience working as a systems developer in a cloud environment, integrating with various systems, building REST and/or SOAP APIs, and have implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications and systems. You enjoy writing code and creating automation to manage your services.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Design and Implement new functionality, enhancements to existing functionality, and platform maintenance work
• Design and Implement integrations with Salesforce with other CRM systems such as Hubspot, Microsoft dynamics, Salesforce, Zoho CRM etc using AWS Technologies.
• Implement Connectors and Salesforce Exchange Apps for Partners to connect to APN systems Salesforce system.
• Create and execute test scripts, both automated and manual
• Execute deployments in a safe and documented way, helping to drive improved team deployment processes•
• Participate in technical design discussions, influencing smart decisions about when to use configuration vs. coding
• Lead iterative feedback sessions, enabling the business to provide input on work in progress
• Troubleshoot escalated support issues - collecting data, performing analysis on root cause, and implementing short- and long-term solutions
• Mentor peers via code review and ad hoc assistance
• Learn and adapt to Amazon internal builder tools and native AWS technology
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field/experience
• 5+ years in software development and/or systems development
• 5+ years of experience in building integrations between systems, developing and calling REST and SOAP APIs
• 3+ years scripting experience in Python, Shell/BASH scripting, or other common system maintenance languages.
• 3+ year experience implementing software in a major systems language such as Java or C#
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in building APIs and highly scalable web applications with AWS
• Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational excellence
• Experience with web proxy technologies including caching
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Sharp analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
• Experience of working with Salesforce (Sales, Service, Partner communities, Force.com etc.) and AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, Fargate, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, and SES
• Experience with web technologies (HTML, HTTP, CSS, JSON) and web frameworks on the browser or server in any language
• AWS Certifications (AWS Certified Developer Associate or Solution Architect Associate)
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Technical leadership experience using agile methodology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300 - $160,000;annually however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.