Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been leading the world into the cloud computing era since its inception in 2006. The AWS Partner Network (APN) is the vital ecosystem we have created with our tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners, to promote AWS in every industry, every size of company, and every region of the world. APN offerings include validating partner qualifications in distinct areas, lead/opportunity sharing, training and certifications, marketing assistance, funding reimbursement, et al. The AWS Partner Systems team is responsible for external and internal supporting Partner Sales, the APN, and other elements driving the AWS partner ecosystem. We serve three groups of stakeholders: partners who work with us to sell AWS, customers who use AWS, and internal users responsible for driving AWS sales and adoption via partners.
As Salesforce Developer, you'll be a core member of the team supporting all of our partner. While the .com platform will be your strongest focus, you'll be willing and able to learn and support other technologies, as needed. Working closely with others on the product and tech teams, you'll build, test, iterate and deploy changes supporting technical maintenance, ongoing enhancements to existing features, and new functionality such as integrations, portal application modules, or automated business processes. You'll play a leading role in code reviews, guiding junior resources towards better designs and clean, standardized coding.
• Implement core of new functionality, enhancements to existing functionality, and platform maintenance work
• Create and execute test scripts, both automated and manual
• Execute deployments in a safe and documented way, helping to drive improved team deployment processes
• Participate in technical discussions, influencing smart decisions about when to use configuration vs. coding
• Lead iterative feedback sessions, enabling the business to provide input on work in progress
• Troubleshoot escalated support issues - collecting , performing analysis on root cause, and implementing short- and long-term solutions
• Function as tech lead on projects being implemented by external consultants
• Mentor peers via code review and ad hoc assistance
• Learn and adapt to Amazon internal builder tools and native AWS technology
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 3+ years of post-internship, hands-on engineering experience on the Force.com platform
• 3+ years of experience with Visualforce, Apex and/or SOQL/SOSL
• 4-year college degree in computer science or computer engineering; alternate degrees that seem related may be considered; higher amounts of overall work experience may also be considered, in lieu of the 4-year degree
• Hands-on technical expertise in building APIs and highly scalable web applications with AWS
• Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational excellence
• 3+ years of experience in building integrations between systems, developing and calling REST or SOAP APIs
• Graduate degree in relevant area such as computer science, software engineering or information systems
• Scripting experience in Python, Shell/BASH scripting, or other common system maintenance languages.
• Proficiency in related web technologies (HTML/CSS, , frameworks such as , libraries such as jQuery)
• Knowledge of Agile practices, particularly sprint planning and estimation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300 - $160,000;annually however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.