Amazon Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, offering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, analytics, and other computing services to customers all over the world. AWS operates a globally distributed environment at massive levels of scale. Businesses, educational institutions and governments around the world depend on AWS for secure cloud services and solutions.
The Emerging Planning Solutions Team within AWS ensures that our Field and Commercial Operations teams have the world-class data and analytics tools required to scale with our rapidly expanding business. We are seeking a dedicated planning analyst to help transform the way we operate as a key member of our Planning and Workflow Automation Center of Excellence. As an experienced technical user of specialized planning applications, you will work to develop modules that replace email and spreadsheet-based manual processes for operations use cases.
This individual will partner closely with business leaders, operations leaders, and field users, as your primary customers, as you apply your deep technical knowledge of the selected planning and workflow automation solution.
The candidate will also partner with the Business Analytics Engagement Team and the Analytics Capabilities Team to help turn requirements into workplans, prioritize requests, maintain backlogs and roadmaps, drive adoption through, and ensure the development of the proper infrastructures.
The right candidate will have analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high- information into details, and abstract up from low- information to a more general understanding.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Other preferred locations: Boston, MA/ Dallas, TX/Arlington, VA/DC Area.
• 3+ years of experience using one or more of the following platforms: Anaplan, Hyperion Planning.
• Anaplan Certification.
• 3+ years of experience in planning, operations, or financial analyst role(s).
• BA/BS Degree required; advanced degree or certification preferred.
• Practical experience with requirements gathering for analytics solutions (end-to-end), over multiple technologies, size, and scale of projects.
• Self-starter who can operate independently.
• Able to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication and logical reasoning.
• Ability to influence project teams across a broad set of functions and geographies to develop new ideas and creative solutions for difficult, ambiguous and complex issues.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence other leaders, and track record of taking ownership.
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems.
• Experience working within a high-growth, global technology company
• Advanced degrees, certifications, or coursework in areas of business Intelligence, analytics, and project management
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
• Familiarity with applying DevOps and Application Lifecycle Management best practices.
• Familiarity with ETL solutions and techniques
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com
• Familiarity with AWS Platform
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.