Sales Operations Lead, Americas Startups
- Toronto, Canada
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking a Sales Operations Lead to partner with AWS America Sales Leaders to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities. This role will drive predictability in reporting and analyzing business trends as well as participating in strategic planning for the business. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to assist the Sales teams in creating efficiency, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist the Sales Managers in evaluating and forecasting attainment against quotas, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will also be responsible for generating commission plans, managing the territory definitions and account movements, and calculating commissions.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to "roll up the sleeves".
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Startup Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and develop mechanisms that enable scale.
• Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
• Manage the monthly cadence of business reporting.
• Develop relationships and processes with sales, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues.
• Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams' performance.
• Ensure accurate and timely sales commission calculations and payments.
• Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
• At least 4-6+ years of at a divisional Sales Operations function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization
• Experience in multiple organizational functions such as compensation, forecasting, organizational development, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
• Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
• Strong financial, analytical and communication skills.
• Deep experience of Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Excel required)
• Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
• Bachelor's degree is required
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology startup would be highly beneficial
• Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
• Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous
• Preferred locations San Francisco, Arlington, Seattle, Atlanta or Virtual based on candidate location.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Back to top