Are you passionate about solving business problems through data driven decision making? We are looking for a Business Insights Analyst to partner with an AWS Commercial Sales functional heads to analyze customer trends, understand market opportunities, develop insights on the productivity of our sales and Technical Sales teams, develop metrics to measure success of programs, create automated mechanisms, and invent new ways of diving deep with data to uncover insights to help us serve our customers in their journey to the cloud.
The ideal candidate has deep skills in working with data, the ability to source and integrate data from multiple disparate backend data sources, has strong financial/business acumen and a deep analytics background to assess business performance and deliver actionable insights to improve efficiency and increase productivity. This role will require you to invent new ways of looking at the many dimensions of our business.
This individual will need to initiate collaboration with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, design and project manage new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards.
This position will work with several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization including Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, Enterprise Support, Training and Certification, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be the subject matter expert from data to process to customers on your assigned area(s) of the business
• Invent new ways to define and measure business effectiveness and organizational productivity
• Prioritize work to achieve scale for the teams helping our customers adopt the cloud; this might include revenue attainment or market development objectives, or something you invent
• Develop high-trust relationships and processes with sales, support, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address insight requirements
• Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution
• Prepare ad hoc analyses & participate on projects as needed
• Be an expert in analytics and visualization tools.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work and Life balance looks different from person to person. Our team is dispersed across North America and stays connected through virtual meetings, calls and emails. We work hard each day in a fast paced dynamic environment, but value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We want employees who enjoy what they do, and do what they enjoy at work, at home and beyond. We encourage our team members to partner with their managers to strike the right balance.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We're committed to the growth and development of every member of the SSOE team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire org and deliver initiatives that make an impact and allow you to build your skills. Your manager will be there to help support your career advancement and help you explore ways to develop. We also encourage curiosity and ownership of self-service learning opportunities within our internal education center.
AWS is a growth environment - we're hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. You'll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have the opportunity to help hire & develop other leaders along the way.
• 5+ years of professional work experience in an enterprise setting in quantitative role(s)
• Expert knowledge in one or more functional areas such as Sales, Sales Operations, Business Development, Demand Generation, Inside Sales, Partner Engagement, Enterprise Support, Training, HR, or Finance
• Comfortable extracting and manipulating large, complex datasets with SQL to originate creative analyses that produce actionable business insights
• Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following areas - exploratory data analysis, data visualization, financial modeling, statistical modelings
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
• 2+ years in a high-growth, technology company
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree
• Tableau or QuickSight or other visualization tool certification
• Expert knowledge in one or more subject areas such as Business Process Re-engineering, Sales force automation
• Six Sigma or other quantitative process improvement certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us