Sales & Business Development Manager, Merch by Amazon
- Munich, Germany
Merch by Amazon is creating a highly scalable print on demand business for consumer products. We work with strategic partners across brands in entertainment, music, gaming and consumer products verticals. To support our growth, we are looking for an experienced and analytical self-starter to help recruit new, and manage existing, strategic partners for Merch by Amazon's growing suite of services in Europe.
This role is based in Munich, Germany, and is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a dynamic business in its early stages of growth in Europe. We are looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of working independently, thinking strategically, and who can effectively communicate our compelling value proposition to strategic partners.
In this partner facing role, you will collaborate at all organizational levels both internally and with partners, supporting them in the product creation process and developing a deep relationship that drives their business to succeed on Amazon. You will own conceiving, developing and executing big ideas and innovative product strategies for our top brands. This diverse set of responsibilities requires a deep understanding of the partner's business, content, and goals, as well as the ability to paint a clear and compelling vision around how we will work collaboratively to drive great results.
• Identify and engage leading brand targets
• Set up and manage the brand partner pipeline and report status to key stakeholders
• Dive deep into data. Able to communicate to internal and external stakeholders what is impacting their business
• Work with content partners to drive new products ideas and execution
• Work with cross-functional teams to enable the successful recruiting and on-boarding of new partners
• Analyze performance results to drive improvements in the program
• Define success metrics and improve product roadmap by communicating market opportunities and partner feedback to cross-functional teams
For this position, we expect:
• Bachelor's degree
• Several years of experience in sales, business development or account management, preferably in technology, entertainment or fast moving business sectors
• Experience in setting up and managing a sales pipeline
• Experience sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence others in both English & German
• High threshold for working and thriving in an ambiguous, fast paced environment figuring it out and adapting as you go
• Able to work in a diverse team
Further qualifications would be a plus:
• MBA or equivalent
• Deep understanding of licensing or merchandising industry
• Experience in online advertising or high-tech products/services
• Experience with Salesforce or comparative CRM
• Experience with SQL, and comfortable writing and updating queries to get data
• Knowledge of other major European languages is a plus (French, Spanish, Italian)
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for "part-time" in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Back to top