Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused and passionate about e-commerce? Are you an experienced, entrepreneurial leader willing to be a part of the journey which would change the way India buys and sells? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
As a Sales Associate with Amazon Seller Services, you will be part of the Direct Sales (DS) team which works with third party sellers (including brands, manufacturers and resellers) to grow their ecommerce business offerings by leveraging the best-in-class Amazon capabilities. You will be working in a dynamic sales environment, responsible for qualifying, negotiating and closing agreements with third-party sellers who are small/medium businesses to bring them onboard. These sellers play a key role in influencing product assortment and purchase decisions for 40 Mn unique visitors per month. Your role will be to work closely with the Business Teams/internal stakeholders and execute seller facing tasks related to their on-boarding on the platform, building selection catalogue and operational readiness. You are also required to educate sellers on the suite of business features/tools and encourage adoption to help them perform successfully post on-boarding to drive early success.
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to think about business challenges and have the ability provide sound business inputs and effectively present the value proposition of Amazon products and services as business solutions. Your success will be measured by the number of sellers, product selection and post launch success of your sellers on the platform.
The candidate should be comfortable interfacing with technology systems, training other stakeholders on systems and processes and be able to analyze data and gather actionable conclusions. To be successful in this role you will need to have basic excel skills, ability to communicate effectively and handle seller objections to achieve desired outcomes. The candidate should possess the ability to work with internal teams and escalate appropriately to resolve seller blockers. This role provides opportunities to bring in new ideas/ approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever changing business climate. The candidate should possess the ability to strive in weekly rigor of seller performance reviews.
- Understand Amazon Seller Services products and services and be able to articulate its benefits to sellers
- Introduction of various products/services to third party sellers for selling on .IN
- Track performance of key partners using appropriate metrics to manage performance
- Achieve seller launch, selection and seller success targets
- Engage with internal and external customers to improve business processes
- Flag possible escalation, dive deep to recommend and implement corrective actions
1+ years of experience in sales or business development
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred
- Experience in an analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction
- Experience with e-commerce or offline retail would be an advantage
- Experience selling nascent products/services into new markets is desired
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated intense customer focus
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethics
- Passionate about internet and e-commerce linked business
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel along with a good working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Operate in the system with speed and accuracy necessary to meet Amazon standards
- Proven ability to manage the business "by the numbers". Must be metrics-driven
- Creative and analytical problem solvers with a passion for operational excellence
- Disciplined in executing repeatable operational processes while also willing to take up planned initiatives
- Ability to speak the local language is desirable
This position is based out of one of the regional office in India and will require travel (North/West/East/South)
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.