SA MMU Manager - Global Accounts - Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Zurich, Switzerland
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner some of the worlds largest companies, to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with account managers, you will assist in driving growth across a small set of global customers in your defined country. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
As a Global HCLS - EMEA Sr. Solutions Architect Manager, you will lead a team of 8-10 Solutions Architects at a time when our HCLS customers are playing a pivotal role in the COVID crisis while also attempting to digitally transform their operations. Indeed, the COVID crisis has demonstrated to most of these customers the urgency of accelerating their use of cloud and data science services to more rapidly discover and develop drugs and more resilient and adaptable supply chains. Our EMEA customers include several of the world's largest life science and medical device companies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Enjoy working with large, global customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
• At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise and mid-market customers.
• Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions, business-IT transformations, or relevant consulting experience.
• You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
• Have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of a Solutions Architects.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree
• 10+ years' experience in design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
• 7+ years' experience in sales, technical pre-sales, product development, or customer facing resources
• 5+ years' experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, application development, and networking
• 5+ years' managing teams of Solutions Architects
• Experience working with or for Healthcare, Life Sciences or Medical Device companies
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
• Professional experience architecting/operating cloud focused solutions
• Professionally fluent in German and English
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top