Runtime Software Development Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
At AWS AI our vision is to make deep learning pervasive for everyday developers and to democratize access to cutting edge infrastructure. In order to deliver on that vision, we've created innovative software and hardware solutions that make it possible.
AWS Neuron is an SDK that optimizes the performance of complex neural net models executed on AWS Inferentia, our first fully custom chip designed to accelerate deep-learning workloads. The Neuron SDK consists of a compiler, run-time, and debugger, integrated with Tensorflow, PyTorch, and MXNet. It's preinstalled in AWS Deep Learning AMIs and Deep Learning Containers for customers to quickly get started with running high performance and cost-effective inference.
The Neuron team is hiring experienced Runtime Software Development Engineers with a background in machine learning and AI accelerators in order to solve our customers toughest problems. As a Runtime Software Development Engineer you will have experience with high-performance Linux drivers, HPC technologies including: libfabric, MPI, and delivering products to customers with a high degree of operational excellence.
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, where you'll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost.
We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
• 3+ years of experience in software engineering
• 3+ years of experience developing Linux kernel and user space drivers
• 3+ years of experience designing high performance drivers for accelerators or HPC products
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with PCIe and memory-mapped I/O
• Experience with Virtualization, Hypervisors, and SR-IOV
• Experience with network stack and network designs
• Experience with cluster communication systems: MPI, OFED, Libfabric, and RDMA
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top