Robotics Software Development Engineer- Amazon Scout
- London, United Kingdom
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As a Software Development Engineer for the reinforcement learning team, you have the chance to help develop cutting-edge robotic technology by combining reinforcement learning with perception and navigation for robotics. In this job you will:
• Collaborate with top-notch research scientists, software development engineers and hardware engineers to build high-quality production code.
• Develop the core software including defining, scoping and launching a highly impactful new service.
• Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions in a start-up like environment.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
You are a person with a commitment to teamwork, who enjoys working on complex systems, is customer-centric, and thrives on the challenge of prototyping new systems that will eventually operate at Amazon scale.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• 3+ years of software development experience with ROS and robotics
• 3+ years of experience developing software with C++ or Python.
• 3+ years of software development experience with reinforcement learning
• 3+ years of software development experience developing behavior, planning, navigation, perception and/or localization solution for robots, autonomous cars or similar.
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of ROS, NIST NML, JAUS (SAE AS-4), or other robotic standards.
• Experience building mission critical, highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience building safety-critical software.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top