Robotics Scientist Intern
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Are you a scientist who is not only interested in the latest research in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, but also passionate about applying research in building solutions that power how millions and millions of customer orders are fulfilled? Answer yes to any of these and you've got to check us out!
Amazon Robotic Application team is seeking Applied Scientists who are fascinated by solving real world fulfillment challenges at Amazon scale using the best scientific research and technology choices available today. You'll be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team that combines software engineers, hardware engineers, applied scientists, control engineers, product and project managers. Together we own design, prototype, build, integrate, test, launch and running of automated Robotic applications.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are hands on and you lead by example. You acquire expertise as needed, iterate and adapt your approach as you learn more. You are deeply interested in pragmatic problem solving as well as taking risks in pioneering brand new areas. You pioneer, select and train appropriate machine learning models used in Robotic applications.
- If you are graduating before July 2018 check out our Robotics Scientist full-time posting.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree (Ph.D strongly preferred) in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, and/or machine learning.
- Theory and practice of designing experiments and statistical analysis of results.
- An understanding of machine learning, algorithms and computational complexity.
- 2 years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Skills with Python, C++, Java and/or other programming languages
- Ability to relate to and solve business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms.
- Strong aspiration to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers.
- · Ph.D. in Robotics, machine learning, computer vision, autonomous controls, sensing and/or field operations preferred.
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science.
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Experience with deep-learning technologies.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Specific computer vision skills in object detection, recognition, 3D computer vision, and/or tracking.
- Experience leveraging and augmenting large code base and computer vision/machine libraries/toolkits to deliver new solutions.
- Experience delivering production computer vision systems.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top