Robotics Integration Engineer
- Boston, MA
Are you excited by robotics and the latest tech? Are you excited to be a part of Amazon's exciting growth? Do you like impacting tomorrow - today? Answer yes to any of these and you should be a part of the Robotics Deployment Engineering Team.
As a Robotics Integration Engineer for Amazon, you will collaborate with a talented team and dive into challenging technical problems to deliver Amazon's leading edge robotics technologies in its fulfillment and transportation networks. This role requires a unique combination of engineering know how, problem solving, curiosity, innovation, leadership, and effective communication. You will be the Integration Lead for robotic arm deployments providing remote and onsite support. You will understand how industrial automation systems work, perform, and scale. You will need superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills. You recognize and adopt best practices in systems administration: automation, tool creation, testing, security, scale operational support, self-repair, documentation, and efficient use of resources. Your projects are focused in North America that serve Amazon's Fulfillment and Transportation network, but there are opportunities to support projects abroad.
• Provide feedback to HW and SW teams that improve deployability and user experience
• Identify lessons learned and propose continuous improvement
• Maintain and update knowledge repository
• Willingness to travel 75% of the year
• BS in Robotics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
• Experience with FANUC industrial robotic systems
• Experience leading teams through commissioning and configuration of software, hardware of robotic arms
• Experience with programming and maintaining PLCs (e.g., Allen Bradley)
• Experience with functional safety systems for industrial controls
• Technical skills including familiarity with Linux command line tools
• Experience reading and debugging with electrical schematics
• Ability to debug industrial control systems
• Ability to manage onsite relationships with internal and external teams during deployment
• Ability to understand and improve operational processes
• Prior success in fast-paced environments demonstrating innovative problem solving skills
• Experience working in environments like manufacturing, warehouses, or construction sites
• Passion for working on a fun, innovative, and high-energy team
• Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
• Comfort working as both part of a team and/or entirely as an independent performer
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Valid US driver license
**Strongly encourage relocation to Amazon Corporate offices in Seattle, Boston, Detroit or Nashville.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top